Over time, your jewelry will need cleaning. But be careful what you use to clean them.
Cleaning silver and gold-plated jewellery:
- Mix lukewarm water with a little soap and leave your jewelery for 5-10 minutes.
- To remove dirt, use a soft toothbrush and gently scrub your jewelry with soap and water.
- Finally, clean your jewelry with water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Oxidation of silver jewellery:
As a natural process, jewelery made from the precious metal silver will oxidize over time. It can also happen with gold-plated jewellery. Use the guide above to remove oxidation and dirt.
If this does not help, place the jewelery in liquid silver cleaning cream for a maximum of 5 minutes. You can buy this online or in a supermarket.
NOTE: To avoid oxidation, you must store your jewelery in a closed box/box when you are not wearing it.
The better you take care of your gold-plated jewellery, the longer the gold-plating will last.
Always remove your jewelery when you:
- Washing hands, taking a shower, playing sports etc
- Puts on creams, perfume, hairspray etc.
Rings will always be more exposed than necklaces and earrings, as you have them on your hands and touch them more during the day.
A gilding is a layer that is applied to silver jewelery and will therefore never last forever. If your jewelery needs a refresh and a new gilding, we do this at a price from 250 KR .